Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Review: Dirty Red by Tarryn Fisher

Title: Dirty Red
Author: Tarryn Fisher
Series: Book Two in the Love Me With Lies Trilogy
Published: December 21, 2012
Source: Borrowed
Genre: Contemporary
My Rating: 5 Stars!


Book Description:
Dear Opportunist, 

You thought you could take him from me, but you lost. Now, that he's mine I'll do anything to keep him. Do you doubt me? I have everything that was supposed to be yours. In case you were wondering; he doesn't ever think about you anymore. I won't let him go....ever. 

Dirty Red

Leah Smith finally has everything she has ever wanted. Except she doesn't. Her marriage feels more like a loan than a lifelong commitment, and the image she has worked so hard to build is fraying before her eyes. With a new role and a past full of secrets, Leah must decide how far she is willing to go to keep what she has stolen.







I knew going into this that it was going to be a hard book to read, not only did I hate how the first book ended but this was going to be told through the point of view of the enemy, Leah, the girl who played dirty and had finally won Caleb. 

If it wasn't for the sheer fact that I refused to accept the ending of The Opportunist and the simple fact that I freaking love Tarryn's writing and new she would twist this all around, I wouldn't have bothered picking it up because of how upset I was over how it all came to end.

And of course it is always good to trust your gut instinct because I so would have been missing out.

Leave it to Tarryn to completely make you change your mind about something and turn you inside out over it.

Darn it if I didn't start to actually feel something for Leah, even if that feeling didn't quite have a name, pity maybe, or even sorry for her, but there you have it, I felt for her and was slightly disgusted at myself for doing it but it was so hard not too feel something for the little red headed fighter.

This trilogy just gets better and better and I want, no I NEED more.



45 comments:

  1. Five stars, huh? You don't give five stars very often... I haven't read the first book, but I think I might need to now :) I'm a sucker for a complex, intelligent plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is so addictive! So be prepared if you do start it. :)

      Delete
  2. It's always so amazing when you find a book like that. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would really like this series Deliah!

      Delete
  3. My friend Nereyda LOVES this series and she's been pushing it on me. I love that this one i told in the POV of the enemy and that the author made you feel something for her. I need to try a Tarryn Fisher book soon.
    Lovely review, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have book one in these books. I have to check it out. I'm looking for a five star read! Great review, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it, drama and all. So addicting!

      Delete
  5. Uh oh. I clearly am going to hate the ending of book one too Ali! I think I'm going to have to wait and see what you think of the 3rd book before I even think about giving this series a try. I love that Tarryn was able to make you feel something for a character you previously hated though, it's always so much fun (and unnerving) when that happens:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is and no worries, book three was fabulous as well. ;)

      Delete
  6. LOL dang! It's amazing when an author can twist you around like that. I've not tried her but you have me crazy curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try something of her's for sure Anna, you will love her. Her reads are amazing!

      Delete
  7. Wow, you go girl!! Here's to tenacity and fearlessness. I think I may give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! I hope you do and love them Debbie!

      Delete
  8. Wow this series sounds really great and 5 stars? I am curious!

    Nice review <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melanie, it really is a fun series. ;)

      Delete
  9. Wow...that is good writing if the author can twist you up that much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AH! I loved this book (and series!!!) She does an amazing job creating the anti-heroine. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does! I didn't expect to like or feel for her at all and yet, I couldn't help it, darn it. :P

      Delete
  11. I know I need to check out this series and author. You and Christy love this. Glad it was all twisty and that you had a good time with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do Heidi! I would start with Mud Vein, I really think you will like it. ;)

      Delete
  12. You knew it would be hard to start? Did you have a hard time staying with it or did it grip you from the beginning? I would have had a hard time with Leah but dang!!! That's good writing if Tarryn changed your mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had me from the very start and wasn't as difficult to read as I thought it would be considering I didn't like "Red" at all in the first book. ;)

      Delete
  13. YAY! So glad you are loving this series -- it's one of my all time favorites! I agree Dirty Red is hard to read but it all makes sense and helps in the end! Can't wait to read what you think about Thief!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely it all made sense in the end and I loved the third book, my review should be posted this week I believe as well. ;)

      Delete
  14. Yessss ... I loved this one too. Hell, I love the whole series. I even like Leah in an effed up way. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was hard not to after this. Tarryn has a way of making you do that though that no one else can.

      Delete
  15. This sounds amazing. I am so glad that you were familiar enough with this author to trust enough to read it. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice being able to trust what an author will do with her characters. ;)

      Delete
  16. Wow, that's awesome you loved this one so much since you weren't sure starting out. It's always great to hear that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 5 stars? I really need to read this series! I'm impressed that she was able to turn your opinion around on Leah and have you feeling for her. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hehe don't feel disgusted with yourself girl! If the enemy girl found her way to weasel into your heart she must have been good underest all of that bad. So glad you liked this one girl and I hope you like the next one just ad much as the previous ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I'm so glad this was a great read for you! I love the fact the author switched things up and gave the enemies pov.
    Great review, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aaaand you renewed my interest in the series. I steered away because you weren't the only one hot under the color with the way things ended in book one...glad this one redeemed and a 5 star at that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely redeemed it's self and then some. ;)

      Delete
  21. Damn, that's incredibly intense if the book manages to make you feel for who is supposedly on the opposite side of the hero vs enemy spectrum O_O I will need to give The Opportunist (or the book 1, I think) a retry, because I gave it a go before and took it back becaause I just couldn't feel it. Hopefully the second time reels me in!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is book one and I do really hope you consider reading it, I think you will like it. ;)

      Delete
  22. I want to try this series but I think I will wait for book 3.

    ReplyDelete