Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.


Is there a single Potter fan out there that isn't excited for this one and maybe just a tad bit nervous as well? I know I am, on both counts and yet, it won't stop me from getting this and devouring it. 





Book Description:

Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, a new play by Jack Thorne, is the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. It will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on 30th July 2016 

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes darkness comes from unexpected places. 



43 comments:

  1. I am intrigued to read this - although so worried its not going to live up to the excitement of the other books. However it will be interesting to see what happened to all the other characters! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be really interesting to see how they do it.

      Delete
  2. I think it's only natural to feel nervous with this series. I hope it will live up to your expectations though, Ali! :)
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessssssssss. MORE HARRY POTTER! I'm definitely nervous too, but I have much faith in JK:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ali I have been swaying one way and then the other over wanting to read this and then saying NO NO NO NO :) LOL I'll probably give in and read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling, I'm really hoping it will be good though and that all fans love it.

      Delete
  5. I'm curious about this one. But a little afraid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you love this Ali, hopefully it's a new chapter of something really wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIRL, you are so not alone in being a tad bit anxious about reading this book! I'm not sure how I feel about it, I don't want it to mess up the other books and the movies...So, we're going to approach this book with the upmost care. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I feel too. I might wait until reviews start to come in to read it. ;)

      Delete
  8. SERIOUSLY. I need this in my life. I have faith in JK though. ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do too but I still can't help being nervous. :P

      Delete
  9. Great pick! I agree I am a little nervous as well. I'm not sure how this is going to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is to hoping it is fabulous for all of us!

      Delete
  10. Absolutely! I think it's very cool how JKR went in such a different direction with her follow-up. The stage! Who would've thought?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, this one has me excited as well. Man, I would really love to see the play!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this an ongoing show now? I hope you get to read it soon, I'm curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so! It would be so neat to see it in person.

      Delete
  13. YES YES YES can't wait!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Potter is SO not my thing Ali. But I hope you enjoy reading this!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got turned off because of all the racial controversy surrounding the play. But now that's blown over you bringing it up makes me consider checking out the book this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure this book is breaking records everywhere! I hope it'll live up to expectations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah yes I'm curious about this one

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here's where I admit to never reading Harry Potter. And have never seen the movies. Never had any interest although I know I am in the minority. I hope this is everything you want it to be though! Hope it's s good one :)

    ReplyDelete